Another Unlucky Incident

>> Thursday, April 23, 2009


I guess I am unlucky these days. Guess what? My Barracuda 7200.11 500GB of harddisc just head crashed within 1 day without any implication. Before that, there isn't any problem at all.

And this is what we call head crash:



Basically head crash happens when the read-write head of a hard disc drive touches its rotating platter resulting in catastrophic damage(which what we usually say scratches) to the magnetic media on the platter surface. Normally it won't happen unless you shake your hard disc and I vow I didn't touch anything even my CPU at all.




I searched back for my resit and I discovered that it is dated on 14/09/2008. Just half a year this drive is actually lasted. Should I feel happy that I can still claim for warranty or disappointed just because it spoiled?

I'm still in a sense of disbelieve right now. Where goes the quality control?

3 comments:

bernalD April 23, 2009 at 3:57 PM  

hmm, unlucky for u. Maybe be my knowledge about PC is very limited, as I never heard of Barracuda before. Next time we shall anti this brand d!!

Anonymous April 24, 2009 at 12:04 AM  

haha. i have 5 seagates. none crash. u damn unlucky ler.
lol
u *cud* go western d. but last time i bot western d, twice in a row crash. mebbe i was unlucky then :P

or hitachi. but hitachi giler giler hard to find. :p got la. but always no stock wan. seagate so far is the best for me. hahaha.

and btw, barracuda is not the brand. its the product line. western digital's is called caviar. seagate is called barracuda. hitachi... is dunno called wat. dun think got name.

Lens Khoo April 25, 2009 at 10:52 AM  

@Baby: Haha ...tadak lol.

@bernalD: Haha bernald, you really rarely touch these stuffs. Abo Barracuda also dunno. Hehe. It's a product of Seagate lol.

@sablesg: So far my another 2 Seagate also no prob. Why is this so T_T.

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP