New CPU Assembler

>> Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Just 1 week ago, I receive a call from my father saying that my house's pc has K.O. - ed. It's an aged pc, which I expect it might KO someday, so I'm not really surprise anyway. After I searched for the parts and calculated the price, with a budget of 2k, I bought these parts:


The parts will be further labeled in the latter parts of the post.



I decided to reused some parts of my old pc, since they're still can be used. I brought and reused this display card from my pc in Cyberjaya, and i got a new one for it :)



Inner view of the casing (Cooler Master Chasis CM 690) .



The parts are scattered on the table (for quick and easy access) .



And of course, there're times when you got no space to place everything on, so I have used the sofa of my house. Certainly, I got a lot of scoldings from my mum >.<


A most handy and important tool in assembling a pc.



Outer layers of the casing are removed, for the installations of fans and dvd drive. After that, I started to install the parts into the casing.



Half way through [with just Motherboard, CPU, Heat sink and PSU(Power Supply Unit) installed].



80% done.





The build under beta testing.



Yeah. It works. Therefore, I proceed to add in things and wrap it up.



The final build of the pc (after adding in a reused dvd drive and RAM into it). Here it is.


The specifications are as below:

Motherboard
Gigabyte EP45-UD3L @ Intel P45 chipset - RM 400

Processor
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @ 2.50GHZ - RM 680

RAM
2 X Kingston: 4GB - KVR800D2N5 - RM 140 + 2 X Crossair 1 GB - Reused --> 6 GB @ 800 MHZ

Display Card
Nvidia Geforce GT 8500 @ 459 MHZ @ 512 memory - Reused.

Harddisc
Seagate 500GB @ 16M SATA 2 - RM 195

PSU
Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus - OEM @ 500 W - RM 165

DVD Writer
Samsung 22X SH-S223F @ SATA - RM 75 + Sony (unknown) @ IDE - Reused

Case
Cooler Master Chasis CM 690 - RM 260

Miscellaneous
2 X Chasis Fan - RM 60

Total = RM 1975.


All the other parts including keyboard, mouse, printer, speakers and monitor are reused back as well. It's cheap build anyway. In total, I used up around 4 hours assembling this new CPU(including taking photos >.<). Have to get this out as soon as possible as I'll need to complete report with Matlab. That's all. See ya.

8 comments:

Anonymous March 24, 2009 at 11:13 PM  

woah, nice casing u got there, quod core o.0 nais :D

Robin Low March 25, 2009 at 12:40 AM  

walau. 6GB of RAM. and a quad core.

U sure the RAMs can synchronize with each other?

Jameson told me if the RAMs are of different frequency, ur pc will work even slower.

Lens Khoo March 25, 2009 at 11:04 AM  

Yea. Depend the way you place the RAM. Same manufacturer with same capacity and speed will have to place it in the same colored slot in different channel. Then it will synchronize even with different capacity. Anyway, both of the RAM is @ 800 MHZ so it is not a problem anyway. Hehe.

bernalD March 25, 2009 at 11:56 AM  

wow, nowadays the chasis fan got the cool blue ray light? It made your CPU seems yeng le. Haiz, I am still using the aged pc i got last time haha.

Anonymous March 25, 2009 at 1:17 PM  

Wowww sweetness especially a quad core! Very good choice for the mobo and casing!
WAH 6GB of RAM? SO MUCH! I'm on 4GB and I haven't used it all ever! Are you running on Vista/XP 64-bit?
I'm interested to know your new gfx in Cyber la :D
BTW, I can't help to think that.. it'll be better for you to bring this pc back to Cyber and plug in your new gfx in :P I'm so ebil.

Anonymous March 25, 2009 at 5:24 PM  

Hahaha! Same casing as in Cyber! >.<
So u using Vista 64 also there? Hahaha.

Cannot find Hitachi HD ar? Hitachi a bit faster than Seagate :D

Lens Khoo March 26, 2009 at 10:09 PM  

@Desmond: Haha no choice I don't have car to swap the computers >.<

@sablesg: I can't find Hitachi at all. Lol. So I went for Seagate. The casing match my need with the price. Haha ....

Lens Khoo March 27, 2009 at 6:37 PM  

@bernald: Ah. I forgot about you ki. Haha... Yours nevermind la, since you're not using it for gaming also. Hehe.

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP